By Art Carpenter
Addressing the composition and operation of the SAS macro facility and the SAS macro language, this 3rd version bargains approximately four hundred ready-to-use macros, macro capabilities, and macro instruments that provide help to convert SAS code to macros, outline macro variables, and extra! clients with a easy knowing of Base SAS who're new to the SAS macro language will locate extra element, utilities, and references to extra studying possibilities; complicated macro language programmers who need assistance with data-driven macros and dynamic software improvement will locate tremendously extended remedy of those themes.
This revised and enlarged variation contains the next themes:
- New and elevated advent to the macro language
- Functions, automated macro variables, and macro statements new to the macro language
- Expanded macro language instruments that interface with the working system
- Expanded data-driven methodologies used to construct dynamic applications
- Expanded dialogue of checklist processing, with 4 substitute techniques presented
- Additional dossier and knowledge administration examples
- Expanded dialogue of name EXECUTE and DOSUBL
- New dialogue of utilizing the macro language on distant servers
- Expanded dialogue and examples of macro quoting
Far past a reference guide issued from an “ivory tower,” this ebook is pragmatic and example-driven: definite, you can find syntax examples; certain, the code is defined. however the concentration of this ebook is on real code used to unravel real-world company difficulties. actually, a whole appendix is devoted to directory the approximately 70 sessions of difficulties which are solved through courses lined during this variation. dialogue of the examples elucidates the professionals and cons of the actual resolution and infrequently indicates substitute ways. for that reason, this booklet offers you either a compendium of reusable and adaptable code, and possibilities for deepening your realizing and transforming into as a SAS programmer.
Read Online or Download Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language, Third Edition PDF
Best mathematical & statistical books
John Chambers turns his cognizance to R, the drastically winning open-source process in keeping with the S language. His e-book courses the reader via programming with R, starting with basic interactive use and progressing through sluggish phases, beginning with uncomplicated features. extra complicated programming innovations could be extra as wanted, permitting clients to develop into software program participants, reaping benefits their careers and the group.
The 1st booklet to supply a finished description of SAS/IML software program and the way to exploit it. Wicklin provides advice and strategies that show you how to use the IML strategy and the SAS/IML Studio program successfully. It additionally indicates how you can create and regulate statistical graphs, name SAS techniques and R capabilities from a SAS/IML software, and enforce such smooth statistical innovations as simulations and bootstrap equipment within the SAS/IML language.
Key FeaturesLearn the best way to flip information into actual insightExplore quite a few concrete examples by means of blending info and algorithms to find the issues we don’t comprehend that we don’t knowApply computer studying algorithms to other kinds of information comparable to social networks, time sequence, and imagesBook DescriptionBeyond buzzwords like huge facts or information technology, there are an exceptional possibilities to innovate in lots of companies utilizing information research to get data-driven items.
With the strong interactive and visible performance of JMP, you could dynamically examine industry information to rework it into actionable and worthy info with transparent, concise, and insightful studies and screens. marketplace information research utilizing JMP is a special example-driven publication since it has a selected program concentration: industry facts research.
- Cross Section and Experimental Data Analysis Using EViews
- Web Information Retrieval (Data-Centric Systems and Applications)
- SAS for Monte Carlo Studies: A Guide for Quantitative Researchers
- Computer Algebra Handbook: Foundations · Applications · Systems
- R Packages: Organize, Test, Document, and Share Your Code
Extra resources for Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language, Third Edition