By Harold D. Clarke,Matthew Goodwin,Paul Whiteley
Read or Download Brexit: Why Britain Voted to Leave the European Union PDF
Similar practical politics books
Handwringing approximately political apathy is as outdated as democracy itself. As early as 425 BC, the playwright Aristophanes ridiculed his fellow Athenians for gossiping out there rather than vote casting. in additional contemporary a long time, demands better civic engagement as a democratic cure-all have met with frequent contract.
Protest, Reform and Repression in Khrushchev's Soviet Union explores the character of political protest within the USSR throughout the decade following the loss of life of Stalin. utilizing resources drawn from the records of the Soviet Procurator's place of work, the Communist occasion, the Komsomol and in other places, Hornsby examines the emergence of underground teams, mass riots and public assaults on authority in addition to the ways that the Soviet regime less than Khrushchev seen and spoke back to those demanding situations, together with deeper KGB penetration of society and using labour camps and psychiatric repression.
James Madison is the philosopher such a lot liable for laying the foundation of the yankee advertisement republic. yet he didn't expect that the propertied category on which he relied could turn into terribly politically strong whilst its pursuits narrowed. This and different flaws, argues Stephen L.
Treating rhetoric and logos as critical instead of peripheral to politics, Lisa Wedeen’s groundbreaking ebook deals a compelling counterargument to people who insist that politics is essentially approximately fabric pursuits and the teams advocating for them. throughout the thirty-year rule of President Hafiz al-Asad’s regime, his photograph was once in every single place.
- Contemporary Chinese Politics
- The Presidency and Political Science: Paradigms of Presidential Power from the Founding to the Present: 2014: Paradigms of Presidential Power from the Founding to the Present
- The Outrage Industry: Political Opinion Media and the New Incivility (Studies in Postwar American Political Development)
- Peru: Elite Power and Political Capture
- Latin American State Building in Comparative Perspective
- Educating Democracy: Alexis de Tocqueville and Leadership in America
Additional resources for Brexit: Why Britain Voted to Leave the European Union