By Olivia C. Navarro-Farr,Michelle Rich
El Perú-Waka’ is an old Maya urban positioned in present-day northwestern Petén, Guatemala. Rediscovered through petroleum exploration employees within the mid-1960s, it's the biggest recognized archaeological website within the Laguna del Tigre nationwide Park in Guatemala’s Maya Biosphere Reserve. The El Perú-Waka’ neighborhood Archaeological venture initiated clinical investigations in 2003, and during excavation and survey, researchers tested that Waka’ used to be a key political and monetary heart good built-in into Classic-period lowland Maya civilization, and reconstructed many features of Maya existence and formality task during this historical group. The study unique during this quantity offers a wealth of recent, significant, and scientifically excavated information, which individuals technique with clean theoretical insights. within the strategy, they lay out sound thoughts for figuring out the ritual manipulation of monuments, landscapes, structures, items, and stories, in addition to similar subject matters encompassing the functionality and negotiation of strength in the course of the city’s vast sociopolitical history.
Read or Download Archaeology at El Perú-Waka': Ancient Maya Performances of Ritual, Memory, and Power (Native Peoples of the Americas) PDF
Similar archaeology books
Drawing on Kent Flannery's 40 years of cross-cultural study within the sector, the participants to this assortment replicate the present range of latest techniques to the learn of cultural evolutionary approaches. jointly the amount expresses the richness of the problems being investigated through comparative theorists in long term swap, in addition to the big variety of information, techniques, and ideas that researchers are using to check those questions.
* A cultural pilgrimage in addition to an athletic one* tale blends own experience, middle-aged angst, the great thing about a panorama, heritage of exploration, and mysteries of the increase and fall of an historic tradition* by means of a significantly acclaimed trip and event author additionally well-known for his exploits in Alaska's mountains* contains photographs through Greg baby of the panorama, Anasazi and Navajo ruins and rock artwork On September 1, 2004, 3 middle-aged pals set out on one of many final geographic demanding situations by no means earlier than tried in North the US: to hike the brush Ridge in a single non-stop push.
First released in 1989. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Archaeology of Bruce Trigger: Theoretical Empiricism
- Gallinazo: An Early Cultural Tradition on the Peruvian North Coast (Monographs Book 66)
- Complex Communities: The Archaeology of Early Iron Age West-Central Jordan
- Recent Advances in Ageing and Sexing Animal Bones (Proceedings of the 9th Icaz Conference, Durham 2002)
Additional info for Archaeology at El Perú-Waka': Ancient Maya Performances of Ritual, Memory, and Power (Native Peoples of the Americas)