By Aminah Beverly McCloud,Scott W. Hibbard,Laith Saud
This enticing creation to Islam examines its lived fact, its all over the world presence, and the diversity of ideals and practices encompassed via the faith. the worldwide viewpoint uniquely captures the range of Islam expressed all through assorted international locations within the current day.
- A complete, multi-disciplinary, and worldwide creation to Islam, masking its historical past in addition to present concerns, stories, and challenges
- Incorporates key new examine on Muslims from numerous international locations throughout Europe, Latin the United States, Indonesia, and Malaysia imperative Asia
- Directly addresses debatable matters, together with political violence and ‘terrorism’, anti-western sentiments, and Islamophobia
- Explores varied responses from a number of Islamic groups to globalizing trends
- Highlights key styles inside Islamic background that shed mild upon the origins and evolution of present pursuits and thought
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century PDF
Best islam books
Sufism is usually considered as status mystically aloof from its wider cultural settings. by means of turning this angle on its head, Indian Sufism because the 17th Century unearths the politics and poetry of Indian Sufism throughout the research of Islamic sainthood in the course of a worldly Indian society comprising migrants, infantrymen, litterateurs and princes.
During this magisterial paintings, Sami Zubaida attracts on a amazing career’s worthy of expertise attempting to comprehend the quarter to deal with the elemental query in center East experiences: what's the heart East? He argues, controversially, that to work out it in the course of the prism of Islam, because it is conventionally considered, is to fully misunderstand it.
Qu'en est-il de l. a. relation de l'islam au christianisme ? Que connaît-on vraiment des dogmes et des pratiques de l'islam ? Que sait-on du Coran ? D'Allah et de son Prophète, et des musulmans ? Croient-ils à l. a. résurrection, à l'enfer et au paradis ? Se réfèrent-ils à des commandements ? Et qui sont Moïse ou Jésus pour eux ?
This publication, as easy in its structure, covers vital techniques of Islam. The target of this booklet, is to teach anyone having problems with the Quran in Arabic language yet misplaced approximately figuring out concerning the origin that represent Islam. This e-book may be perfect for kids and newly converts in addition.
- Le Livre de l'Amour (Revivification des sciences de la religion) (French Edition)
- Ghalib: Selected Poems and Letters (Translations from the Asian Classics)
- The Impulse of Freedom in Islam
- Concept Of Territory In Islamic Thought (Islamic Area Studies)
- Eine Moschee in Deutschland: Nazis, Geheimdienste und der Aufstieg des politischen Islam im Westen (German Edition)
- The Sociology of Islam: Knowledge, Power and Civility
Extra resources for An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century