By Roberto Ceratti Manfro,Irene Lourdes Noronha,Alvaro Pacheco e (coords.) Silva Filho,Mary Yamazaki Yorado
Com o intuito de contribuir para o sucesso dos programas de transplante renal, esta obra discute os principais temas envolvidos nesta prática clínica, como:
• imunologia e avaliação de pacientes e doadores falecidos e vivos;
• aspectos e complicações cirúrgicas e nefrectomia laparoscópica em doador vivo;
• imunossupressão: novas drogas, protocolos e perspectivas de intervenções imunológicas;
• aspectos clínicos: manejo peri e pós-operatório, monitoração do enxerto, diagnóstico e tratamento da rejeição aguda, transplante em diabéticos e crianças;
• complicações infecciosas em transplantados;
• complicações tardias, como doenças cardiovasculares, doença óssea, complicações hepáticas pós-transplante renal e doença crônica do enxerto renal;
• anatomia patológica do transplante renal;
• aspectos psiquiátricos, cuidados nutricionais e de enfermagem;
• legislação dos transplantes no Brasil e aspectos éticos.
Com conteúdo atualizado, a segunda edição do Manual de Transplante Renal enriquece a formação de estudantes de Medicina e Enfermagem, podendo ser utilizada para consulta de médicos residentes e profissionais da área de transplantes.
By Karl J. Johnson,E. Bache,A.L. Baert
This is a entire textbook at the imaging of pediatric skeletal trauma. It offers radiologists and pediatric surgeons an in depth description of the thoughts used in addition to examples of the imaging findings and information in their scientific relevance. each one bankruptcy is written via knowledgeable within the box and encompasses a wealth of illustrations. The ebook offers valuable recommendation on these positive factors on the way to impact the orthopedic administration of a child.
By Erwin F. Wagner,F. Theuring
By Levon Michael Khachigian
High-Risk Atherosclerotic Plaques: Mechanisms, Imaging, versions, and treatment brings jointly well timed, in-depth reports through popular foreign cardiologists and scientists. Chapters conceal the definition, constitution, and mobile and molecular mechanisms of excessive possibility plaque improvement, in addition to animal types of susceptible plaque, plaque imaging, and present and destiny cures. medical examiners speak about intravascular ultrasound, optimum coherence tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and coronary thermography. the ultimate bankruptcy experiences either present and destiny neighborhood and systematic options for the healing administration of susceptible plaque.
Exploring all points of this first reason for acute coronary syndromes, this informative e-book updates our wisdom at the detection and therapy of weak plaques. it's a helpful source which may enormously enhance the growth in remedy and prevention.
By Akhlaq A. Farooqui
It is changing into more and more glaring that the deficiency of n-3 fatty acids in nutrition is not just linked to cardiovascular ailments, but in addition excited by stroke, epilepsy and different neurological and neurodegenerative ailments, comparable to Alzheimer affliction, Parkinson affliction, and peroxisomal diseases.
In his latest e-book, Beneficial results of Fish Oil on Human Brain, Dr. Akhlaq A. Farooqui expands at the prestige and healing value of n-3 fatty acids (major parts of fish oil) and their mediators in basic mind and people with neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric ailments. Farooqui provides the advantages of n-3 fatty acids on Western nutrition, that is enriched in n-6 fatty acids (major elements of vegetable oil) and should advertise the above neurological issues. The booklet will current readers with leading edge and accomplished info on metabolism and roles of neural membrane n-3 fatty acids.
By Anne L. Grauer
- Presents a wide review of the sphere of paleopathology, integrating theoretical and methodological techniques to appreciate organic and affliction tactics all through human history
- Demonstrates how paleopathology sheds mild at the prior throughout the research of human and non-human skeletal fabrics, mummified continues to be and preserved tissue
- Integrates medical advances in a number of fields that give a contribution to the certainty of historical and historical ailments, akin to epidemiology, histology, radiology, parasitology, dentistry, and molecular biology, in addition to archaeological, archival and ancient research.
- Highlights cultural techniques that experience an influence at the evolution of affliction, dying and demise in human populations, together with subsistence techniques, human environmental variations, the results of malnutrition, differential entry to assets, and interpersonal and intercultural violence
By Johannes Zschocke,Matthias Baumgartner,Eva Morava,Marc Patterson,Shamima Rahman,Verena Peters
By Paul Kosma,Sven Müller-Loennies
By PhD, Maria Diakonova
Recent Advances in Prolactin Research summarizes the present wisdom of prolactin (PRL), PRL receptor, PRL-dependent signaling pathways, the function of PRL in oncogenesis and PRL crosstalk with different oncogenic elements. The chapters are written by means of specialists in those fields and concentrate on choosing and reviewing well timed experimental findings that offer new insights into the increasing function of PRL within the pathophysiology linked to various human conditions.
Prolactin is a peptide hormone that's most sensible identified for its function in lactation. Prolactin additionally has a power on hematopoiesis and angiogenesis, and is considering the legislation of blood clotting via numerous pathways. even if PRL was once came across greater than eighty years in the past, the knowledge of PRL signaling and its courting to varied pathologies continues to be very incomplete. PRL is not just a pituitary hormone with an incredible position in copy, yet PRL additionally acts as a cytokine, modulating a wide selection of physiological methods. for instance, info collected over the past decade have proven that in the neighborhood produced PRL acts because the autocrine/paracrine issue and performs a contributory position in the course of breast oncogenesis. in reality, the medical and scientific groups have instructed that the manipulation of the PRL axis could lead on to the profitable therapy of breast melanoma. even though, contemporary paintings has proven that the position of the PRL axis is far extra complicated than first envisaged.
By Malcolm W. Greaves,Allen Kaplan